Connect to council infrastructure

Image of a water meter in front of a property.

If you need to connect to Council wastewater, water or stormwater infrastructure you must apply to us first. 

Applying for connection?

The process of applying for a connection is outlined on the following pages: 

You can find the applicable charges here:

Water connection fees

Can't connect to the water supply?

Below is a guidance video about water reticulation and what to do if you cannot connect to our water supply network.

Applying for subdivision?

If you are applying for a subdivision consent that requires a connection to our infrastructure, we will look at availability of infrastructure, capacity and ability to connect as part of processing your consent application.

Need an easement?

Connections to Council infrastructure may require an easement. Further information about easements can be found on the following page.

If your connection is through or over reserve land administered by us, you will also need to make a separate application to us seeking approval for the required easement to be through a reserve. 

This application process is explained on the following page.