The Community Association Fund supports resident and ratepayer groups, citizen associations and other community representation groups recognised by Council that advocate for and support their local community.
Amount: The fund offers a set grant of $1,500 annually, of which at least $500 of this must be invested in local projects or events that the community has identified as important to them (“community projects”).
The remainder is for the operations and administration of the applicant group to support their work in and for the community.
This Fund is intended to encourage and facilitate greater interaction between the association and the communities they serve, and support small local initiatives, so applications should clearly evidence how the community was engaged to determine the “community project”.
Closing date: 7 February 2024
Eligible applicants are community organisations that:
- meet our general eligibility criteria stated in our Community Funding Policy
- have the primary purpose as stated in their constitution or trust deed to support and advocate for their local community
- are place-based, representing a geographical community within the Whangārei District
- demonstrate that they are actively engaged with the community, and
- are recognized by the community and by Council as the voice for the community
Apply for Community Association Fund