Private Plan Change 150 by Marsden City Limited Partnership seeks to:
- delete the Marsden Primary Centre Environment (MPC) Chapter in the Operative District Plan
- reduce the industrial focus of the MPC towards an increased provision of residential land to support the development of a sustainable and viable town centre
- propose zones from the current Urban and Services Plan Changes as underlying zones
- insert a special purpose Marsden Town Centre Zone that is intended to apply to the higher order town centre in the north western portion of Marsden City
- apply a Marsden City Precinct with provisions aimed at coordinating development with the delivery of transport infrastructure, and a street network that provides for walking and cycling
- consequential changes to other Chapters of the Operative District Plan, such as Noise and Vibration Chapter.
It is the applicants vision that the plan change will provide a viable and sustainable town centre in the Ruakaka / Marsden Point area which integrates with surrounding commercial, mixed use and residential uses.
The following documents contain information on the recommendations of the hearing panel, and Council’s decision on these recommendations.
Recommendations from the hearing panel and Council's decision
The Appeals process is handled by the Environment Court. Below are the relevant appeal documents to this plan change.
For more information, you can view the Appeals Version of the District Plan.
Appeals Version - District Plan
General appeal information
Notice to be a party to proceedings
Waka Kotahi (to Bream Bay Village Limited)(PDF, 165KB)
Waka Kotahi (to GNLC Limited)(PDF, 172KB)
KiwiRail (to Marsden City Limited Partnership)(PDF, 211KB)
KiwiRail (to Bream Bay Village Limited)(PDF, 227KB)
KiwiRail (to GNLC Limited)(PDF, 203KB)
Bream Bay Village Limited (to Marsden City Limited Partnership)(PDF, 201KB)
GNLC Limited (to Marsden City Limited Partnership)(PDF, 202KB)
Northport Limited (to Marsden City Limited Partnership)(PDF, 166KB)
Northport Limited (to Bream Bay Village Limited)(PDF, 165KB)
Northport Limited (to GNLC Limited)(PDF, 165KB)