Property-related issues

Find out about common property related issues including building, development, pool fencing, resource consents and how we can help.   

If you have an urgent issue, please contact us on 0800 932 463 or 09 430 4200 (24 hours a day). Issues reported online outside of Council hours (8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday) will not be investigated until the next working day.

Building and development issues

Report issues with building and development work.

Please provide as much information as you can to assist us in investigating and evaluating your concern.

Report a building or development issue

Building consent refunds

If you have cancelled your building consent you can request a refund.

All requests for refunds or enquiries can be made using the online form and must include the building consent number and a copy of your bank account details, such as a bank statement. 

Christmas closure

Our offices close at 2:00pm on 24 December 2021 and reopen on 10 January 2022.   

To ensure your refund request is processed before we close, please have your request to us by 4:00pm on 21 December 2021.  Otherwise your refund will not be made until 14 January 2022.

Request a building consent refund

Pool fencing

Please report any issues about the fencing of pools. 

Report a pool fencing issue

Resource Management Act and District Plan

We can investigate breaches of the District Plan rules and the Resource Management Act.  Some examples are:

  • boundary setbacks
  • earthworks exceeding the permitted limits 
  • commercial noise
  • retail activities operating without a resource consent.

Please ensure you include your full contact details as the complainant.  There may be limitations around our ability to progress anonymous complaints, due to insufficient information being provided.

Report a Resource Management Act or District Plan compliance issue