Parking and vehicle issues

Report issues with parking meters and parking fines, car parks, freedom camping, abandoned cars and cars on beaches.  

Contact us on 0800 932 463 or 09 430 4200 (24 hours a day) if you have an urgent issue.

We will respond to issues reported online outside of our business hours (8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday) on the next working day.

Abandoned cars

Council can legally only investigate abandoned cars on public roads or on public land.  

Report an abandoned car

We will investigate and where possible contact the owner and ask them to remove it themselves.

There are legal processes allowing us to remove cars and dispose of them. We may have to give notice to the car owner or the Police, which can take some time.

We are not authorised to investigate abandoned cars on private land, such as private car parks at shopping centres or residential complex parking areas. In these cases, please contact the property owner, manager or the body corporate.

Car park and parking meter damage and maintenance

You can report damage or maintenance issues for car parks, parking meters and other roading structures.

Report an issue with a car park or parking meter

Cars on beaches

If someone is driving recklessly on a beach and causing a risk or hazard contact the Police.

You can report issues about cars on beaches including:

  • suggest a beach for inclusion of prohibited areas for the Vehicles on Beaches bylaw
  • report a stationary car on a prohibited area of a beach. 

Report a bylaw issue or make an enquiry

Control of Vehicles on Beaches bylaw

Freedom camping

Let us know if you believe someone is camping illegally, staying in a prohibited area or overstaying in a designated area.

Report a freedom camping problem

To report a problem with homelessness, please follow the link below.

Community issues

Parking issues

To report a stationary vehicle or parking issue - it is helpful if you can provide extra detail such as:

  • vehicle make and model
  • registration
  • colour

Report a parking issue 

Parking ticket appeals

To appeal a parking ticket, use the link below.

Appeal a parking ticket

To pay a parking ticket, use the link below. 

Pay a vehicle infringement

Vehicle infringement disputes

To dispute a vehicle infringement (a ticket received when a registration or WOF has expired) you will need the infringement ticket number or the registration number of the vehicle.

You can also use the below form to request a court hearing or to make an enquiry about an infringement payment.  

Dispute or enquire about a vehicle infringement

To pay a vehicle infringement, use the link below.

Pay a vehicle infringement

Can't find what you are looking for?

Make a general online enquiry: 

General enquiry