The Community Fund supports many different types of local initiatives benefiting the community. These can include:
- facility improvements
- minor equipment purchases, and
- operating costs.
Please read our Funding Guide for advice on which fund is best, and for tips on making a good application.
Amount: Most grants average are between $6,000 and $9,000. The most you can apply for is $20,000.
The requests made to this Fund are typically four times the available budget, so applicants are encouraged to be realistic in their budgets and in their requests, and to present a clear case for support, aligned with one of our funding criteria and priorities.
- Round 1 – 1 July 2023 at 5:00pm
- Round 2 – 1 November 2023 at 5:00pm
Applying for an event
From 1 July, a new Community Events Fund will be available. Therefore, the Community Fund will no longer be accepting funding applications for events.
Event funding is available from:
- Community Events Fund – for small community events. Details on this fund will be announced soon.
- Creative Communities Scheme – for small arts or cultural events, and seeking less than $10,000.
- Event Development Fund – for new, district-wide events, and seeking over $10,000.
- Northland Events Fund – for large events that will bring visitors to our region.
Apply for Community Fund