The Community Fund supports many different types of local initiatives benefiting the community. These can include:
- facility improvements
- minor equipment purchases, and
- operating costs.
Important: Read our Funding Guide to check you are eligible, for advice on which fund is best, and for tips on making a good application.
Funding guide(PDF, 403KB)
Amount: Most grants average between $6,000 and $9,000. The most you can apply for is $20,000.
The requests made to this Fund are typically four times the available budget, so be realistic in your budget and in your request, and present a clear case for support, aligned with our funding criteria and priorities.
- Round 1 – 1 July 2023 at 5:00pm
- Round 2 – 1 November 2023 at 5:00pm
- Round 3 – 1 March 2024 at 5:00pm
Applying for an event
Event funding is available from:
- Community Events Fund – for small community events. Details on this fund will be announced soon.
- Creative Communities Scheme – for small arts or cultural events, and seeking less than $10,000.
- Event Development Fund – for new, district-wide events, and seeking over $10,000.
- Northland Events Fund – for large events that will bring visitors to our region.
Apply for Community Fund