Love to build?
Come along to our LEGO Club at the library and create masterpieces based on a theme.
The library will supply the LEGO bricks, all the children need to bring is their imagination!
When and where
When: The LEGO Club meets on the 1st Tuesday each month during school terms.
Time: 3:45pm to 4:45pm.
Where: May Bain Room, Whangārei Central Library.
Cost: It's free. No prior bookings required.
What to expect
At each club session, the children will be given a theme to follow for building their LEGO creations. We will take photos of them at the end of the sessions to display in the library.
As well as being great fun, LEGO teaches children problem-solving skills, mathematical thinking, creativity, helps to develop fine motor skills and teamwork.
The LEGO Club is a free drop-in group for children strictly aged 5 and over.
LEGO Club rules
- Respect the space: No running around, please sit and work on your creation.
- Respect others: Everyone has to share and help each other out. Teamwork makes the dream work.
- Respect yourself: Stay positive. We don’t compete with or put down other club members;
we build for fun.
- Respect the LEGOs: We don’t throw the LEGO bricks. We don’t eat the LEGO bricks. We don’t shove the LEGO bricks up our nose - or up our friend’s nose. The LEGOs have to stay in the library at the end of the club session.
- Respect the LEGO Team: You are responsible for breaking up your creation and helping to put the LEGO away.