Disruption to library services
Published on 24 May 2022
Library systems upgrade
The library will be undergoing an upgrade to its library management system from Tuesday 31 May to Tuesday 7 June 2022.
During this time there will be interruptions to our library services.
You can still use the library.
As from Friday 3 June, most services that require you to log in with your library card number and PIN are available.
However, there still may be some glitches until the upgrade process is fully completed.
- Browse our library catalogue.
- Log in to My Library Account and place holds or renew items.
- Join the library online.
- Download eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines using BorrowBox, Libby/OverDrive, ePlatform and uLibrary.
- Read online newspapers using PressReader and AccessNZ.
- Use LinkedIn Learning and Haynes Motor Manuals AllAccess.
Visiting the library
You can check out books and other items by using the self-checkouts or asking the librarians on the Information desks to help you.
My Monitor Services
You can use your library card to log in to the public computers for printing, scanning and photocopying.
Whangarei Central Library closure
The library will be closed on Saturday 4 June to complete the upgrade process.
It will be open on Sunday 5 June, 10:00am to 1:00pm.
Keep your loans
We have extended loan periods, so please don’t return your items between Tuesday 31 May 2022 and Saturday 11 June 2022.