Changing Landscapes Anthology
Next date: Friday, 22 September 2023 | 06:00 AM
to Saturday, 30 September 2023 | 11:59 AM
Call for submissions
Whangārei Library 3.30 Flash Writers group wants your best and most brilliant 300-word flash or 100-word micro fiction stories for their second anthology set to launch on 25 November 2023.
Open to Northland adults and young writers (12 to 18 years).
Rising temperatures, warming oceans, droughts and floods – tell your stories about people and places. Let your imagination run wild.
- 300 words or less excluding title.
- Micros (100 words or less excluding title).
Saturday 30 September 2023
One complimentary copy of the anthology.
- Entry is free.
- Open to Northland residents only, i.e. live within the Far North, Kaipara and Whangarei District Councils areas.
- Up to two submissions per writer accepted.
- Previously published work considered. Acknowledgement of first publication if accepted.
- Please do not submit stories written by AI tools such as Chat GPT.
- Accepted stories will receive email notification by 13 October 2023.
- Not all stories will be accepted - you will be advised if this is the case.
- If your submission needs editing, be prepared to be flexible.
How to prepare entries for submission
- Please put your name on your submission(s).
- Entries to be submitted typed in a common font (e.g. Arial or Times Roman), 10 to 12 point size and with a line spacing of 1.5.
- Your story should be pasted in the body of your email and attached as a Word document (.doc or docx).
- Please include a short bio with your submission (60-word limit).
Submissions close 11:59pm on Saturday 30 September 2023.
Submissions by email only with 'Anthology' and the story title in the subject line.
Send your submissions to: WhangareiLibrary3.30Flash@gmail.com
Wednesday, 23 August 2023 | 12:00 AM
- Saturday, 30 September 2023 | 11:59 AM