This Fund replaces the Annual Operating Fund.
The purpose of the District Amenities Fund is to provide general operating grants for key amenities that Council recognises deliver district-wide benefit. Project-based applicants are not eligible for this Fund.
The Fund aims to provide equitable and transparent support to any eligible organisation that meets the criteria, and to improve access to the higher levels of support that Council can provide.
The Fund has a tiered approach to determine levels of support and accountability requirements. These tiers are about the totality of Council’s support, including rent concessions and any other support provided.
- Tier 1 – up to $50,000
- Tier 2 – $50,000 and above
Applicants outside of the criteria should apply to the Community Fund.
Eligible applicants are community organisations that:
- meet our general eligibility criteria stated in our Community Funding Policy
- demonstrate district-wide impact and relevance
- demonstrate high levels of engagement, visitor numbers and/or users
- demonstrate alignment with Council’s vision, community outcomes, funding priorities, and the Four Well-beings
- demonstrate good governance
- have an annual budget
- demonstrate accessibility and inclusiveness
- demonstrate strategic planning and regular operational review (Tier 2)
- have financial accounts audited or externally reviewed by an appropriately qualified professional (Tier 2)
- demonstrate meeting Key Performance Measures as set by Council.
Indicative funding levels
Organisations that receive support from the District Amenities Fund tend to apply annually. Council provides indicative funding levels for the following year, which is subject to satisfactory performance and reporting. Increases in funding may not be applied until the following year (indicative funding) and may be subject to Annual Plan and/or Long Term Plan budget approvals.
As a guide, changes in funding (up and down) will generally be no more than 20% of a recipient’s current level of funding (or to a maximum of $20,000) per annum.
Apply for District Amenities Fund