This page contains information about how to apply for a job at Council and the recruitment process.
21/11/2012 9:47 a.m.
Check out our job vacancies page and if you find a position that you feel matches your skills and experience, send a completed application form together with a copy of your Curriculum Vitae and/or introduction letter to Council.
Employment Application form [328kb]
To see the current vacancies, follow the link below.
What you can expect from us
- a prompt acknowledgement of your application and to be kept in the loop with how it progresses.
- an outline of the job through the job description which will be available online with the job vacancy information.
- an indication of the salary range upon request, how our remuneration is structured and other benefits we offer.
- information on how the role fits into the wider organisation.
- a formal interview process with questions based on the key result areas in the job description.
- an opportunity to ask questions and gain the information you need to decide whether we offer the right career choice for you.
We are committed to our Equal Employment Opportunities Policy.
For further information, follow the link below.
Equal Employment Opportunities Policy
The recruitment process
We recognise that the interview is a two-way process. We are looking for evidence to identify the right candidate for the right job, and the candidate is assessing the interview panel, the organisation and the position. We try to keep the atmosphere formal but friendly.
The structure to expect is;
- to begin with the format of the interview will be explained.
- an overview of the role will be given and put in context within the organisation.
- you maybe asked to give an overview of your skills and experience and why you think you are the best candidate for the role.
- interview questions will be designed to gather information based on the key result areas and behavioural values in the job description. Throughout the process there is opportunity for questions.
- confirmation on ‘where to from here’.
- for some roles there may be some skills based competency assessments to complete. These will be discussed with the candidate prior to interview.
- if successful at interview (and competency assessments) we always carry out at least two verbal reference checks before employment is offered so the candidate should be prepared to provide details of two referees, at least one of which should be a previous employer.
If you feel you need more information than what is available online regarding any of our current vacancies, please contact one of our Human Resources Advisers.
Phone: +64 9 430 4200
Council offices - locations and hours of opening