This page contains information about the Planning and Development Committee, its purpose, terms of reference and Councillor membership.
18/01/2017 9:10 a.m.
Councillor G C Innes
Her Worship the Mayor Sheryl Mai
Councillors Stu Bell, Crichton Christie, Vince Cocurullo, Tricia Cutforth, Shelley Deeming, Sue Glen, Jayne Golightly, Phil Halse, Cherry Hermon, Greg Martin, Sharon Morgan, Anna Murphy
To oversee planning, monitoring and enforcement activities, and guide the economic and physical development and growth of Whangarei District.
Key responsibilities include
- Regulatory / Compliance
- Environmental health
- General bylaw administration
- Animal (dog and stock control)
- Hazardous Substances and New Organisms Control
- Parking Enforcement (vehicles registrations and warrant of fitness)
- Noise Control
- Food Act
- Landuse Consents
- Building Act
- Building Control
- Property Information and Land Information Memoranda
- Consents and inspections
- Resource Consents
- Subdivision, Land Use and Development Control
- Development Contributions
- District Plan
- Plan Changes
- District Plan administration
- Strategic Planning
- Futures planning
- Urban design
- Economic Development
- District Marketing/Promotions
- Developer engagement
- Commercial Property
- Shared Services – investigate opportunities for Shared Services for recommendation to council.
(i) All powers necessary to perform the committee’s responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- (a) approval of expenditure of less than $5 million plus GST.
- (b) approval of a submission to an external body
- (c) establishment of working parties or steering groups.
- (d) power to establish subcommittees and to delegate their powers to that subcommittee.
- (g) the power to adopt the Special Consultative Procedure provided for in Section 83 to 88 of the LGA in respect of matters under its jurisdiction (this allows for setting of fees and bylaw making processes up to but not including adoption).
- (h) the power to delegate any of its powers to any joint committee established for any relevant purpose under clause 32, Schedule 7 of the Local Government Act 2002