Exemptions and Objections Subcommittee
This page contains information about the Exemptions and Objections Subcommittee, ite purpose, terms of reference and Councillor membership.
18/01/2017 9:29 a.m.
Planning and Development Committee
Councillor Greg Innes
Her Worship the Mayor Sheryl Mai
Councillors Shelley Deeming, Sue Glen
The relevant legislative requirements shall be taken into consideration when setting meeting dates.
To hear and determine objections, appeals and applications in respect of the regulatory functions and responsibilities of Council.
- Hear and decide s357 objections under the Resource Management Act where staff recommend decline.
- Determine and grant of Territorial Authority consents under S100 of the Gambling Act 2003 (as it relates to Class 4 Gambling Venues) and s65C of the Racing Act 2003 (as it relates to Board Venues).
- Determine applications for exemptions under the Fencing of Swimming Pools Act 1987.
- Consider objections relating to the classification of any dog as a dangerous dog under the Dog Control Act 1996.
- Power to consider an objection to classification as a menacing dog under s33A and s33C of the Dog Control Act 1996.
- Power to consider and determine an objection to any notice issued requiring abatement of a barking dog nuisance under s55 of the Dog Control Act 1996.
- Hear and determine appeals in respect of an invoice under Council’s Development Contribution Policy (no ability to waiver).
- Hear and determine objections in respect to s120 of the Reserves Act 1977.
- Hear and determine statutory appeals or objections in respect to any matter where no specific delegation applies.
Whangarei District Council owns this website and the information, images and photographs in it are subject to copyright. No portion may be copied or republished without prior permission of Whangarei District Council.
We have made every reasonable effort to provide accurate and reliable information. The use of any information is at the website visitor’s own risk and discretion.
The website and all information, images and photographs on it are owned by Whangarei District Council and are subject to copyright and other
proprietary rights. Website visitors may reproduce, store and use the content of this website for personal, informational and non-commerical
Except as stated in the paragraph above, no portion of the content of the website, or the council logo, may be copied or republished without
the prior written permission of Whangarei District Council. All rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved to Whangarei District
Enquiries should be addressed to:
Whangarei District Council
Private Bag 9032
Phone: +64 9 4304200
Fax: +64 9 4387632
Externally sourced material is subject to copyright by the respective provider and is linked from within Whangarei District Council's websites
where applicable to those respective providers.
Any links from external websites to pages within Whangarei District Council's websites must clearly state that they are links to Whangarei District