District Licensing Committee
This page contains information about the District Licensing Committee, its purpose, Terms of Reference and Councillor membership.
12/02/2020 3:46 p.m.
To consider and determine all relevant applications under the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012.
Commissioner Murray Clearwater
Councillor Greg Innes
Two additional members appointed from the territorial authority list maintained under section 192 of the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012; list members:
- Mervyn Williams, Paul Dimery, Pamela Peters, Lee Andrewes and Mark Vincent
- Chairperson plus two members (for a Hearing).
- Chairperson (where no objection to an application has been filed and no matters of opposition raised in respect for an application for a licence or manager's certificate or renewal of a licence or manager's licence).
- Consider and determine applications for licences and manager’s certificates.
- Consider and determine applications for renewal of licences and manager’s certificate.
- Consider and determine applications for temporary authority to carry on the sale and supply of alcohol in accordance with section 136.
- Consider and determine applications for the variation, suspension, or cancellation of special licences.
- Consider and determine applications for the variation of licences (other than special licences) unless the application is brought under section 280.
- With the leave of the chairperson for the licensing authority, to refer applications to the licensing authority.
- Conduct inquiries and to make reports as may be required of it by the Alcohol Regulatory Licensing Authority under section 175.
- Any other functions conferred on Licensing Committees by or under this Act or any other enactment.
Terms of Reference
District Licensing Committee Terms of Reference [109kb]
Whangarei District Council owns this website and the information, images and photographs in it are subject to copyright. No portion may be copied or republished without prior permission of Whangarei District Council.
We have made every reasonable effort to provide accurate and reliable information. The use of any information is at the website visitor’s own risk and discretion.
The website and all information, images and photographs on it are owned by Whangarei District Council and are subject to copyright and other
proprietary rights. Website visitors may reproduce, store and use the content of this website for personal, informational and non-commerical
Except as stated in the paragraph above, no portion of the content of the website, or the council logo, may be copied or republished without
the prior written permission of Whangarei District Council. All rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved to Whangarei District
Enquiries should be addressed to:
Whangarei District Council
Private Bag 9032
Phone: +64 9 4304200
Fax: +64 9 4387632
Externally sourced material is subject to copyright by the respective provider and is linked from within Whangarei District Council's websites
where applicable to those respective providers.
Any links from external websites to pages within Whangarei District Council's websites must clearly state that they are links to Whangarei District