Community Development Committee
This page contains information about the Community Development Committee, its purpose, terms of reference and Councillor membership.
14/02/2018 10:01 a.m.
Councillor Cherry Hermon
Her Worship the Mayor Sheryl Mai
Councillors Stu Bell, Crichton Christie, Vince Cocurullo, Tricia Cutforth, Shelley Deeming, Sue Glen, Phil Halse, Greg Innes, Greg Martin, Sharon Morgan, Anna Murphy
To oversee functions of Council that interact, support and provide services for the community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Policy and planning for the provision of community culture, arts and events.
- District venues and community events
- Community services
- Community sector liaison and support
(Advisory Groups)(Advisory Groups)
- Community safety (City Safe, CCTV)
- Pensioner Housing
- Property Asset Management
- Pensioner housing
- Forum North, Marinas
- Community Halls
- Civil Defence Emergency Management
- Museum / Art Museum liaison
- Heritage, Culture, Arts and Creative Industries sector liaison
- Village Planning
- Shared Services – investigate opportunities for Shared Services for recommendation to council.
(i) All powers necessary to perform the committee’s responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- (a) approval of a submission to an external body.
- (b) establishment of working parties or steering groups.
- (c) the approval of expenditure of less than $5 million plus GST.
- (d) power to establish subcommittees and to delegate their powers to that subcommittee.
- (e) the power to adopt the Special Consultative Procedure provided for in Section 83 to 88 of the LGA in respect of matters under its jurisdiction (this allows for setting of fees and bylaw making processes up to but not including adoption).
- (f) the power to delegate any of its powers to any joint committee established for any relevant purpose under clause 32, Schedule 7 of the Local Government Act 2002 (LGA).
Whangarei District Council owns this website and the information, images and photographs in it are subject to copyright. No portion may be copied or republished without prior permission of Whangarei District Council.
We have made every reasonable effort to provide accurate and reliable information. The use of any information is at the website visitor’s own risk and discretion.
The website and all information, images and photographs on it are owned by Whangarei District Council and are subject to copyright and other
proprietary rights. Website visitors may reproduce, store and use the content of this website for personal, informational and non-commerical
Except as stated in the paragraph above, no portion of the content of the website, or the council logo, may be copied or republished without
the prior written permission of Whangarei District Council. All rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved to Whangarei District
Enquiries should be addressed to:
Whangarei District Council
Private Bag 9032
Phone: +64 9 4304200
Fax: +64 9 4387632
Externally sourced material is subject to copyright by the respective provider and is linked from within Whangarei District Council's websites
where applicable to those respective providers.
Any links from external websites to pages within Whangarei District Council's websites must clearly state that they are links to Whangarei District