Chief Executive Review Committee
This page contains information about the CEO Review Committee, its purpose, terms of reference and Councillor membership.
12/02/2020 3:46 p.m.
Her Worship the Mayor Sheryl Mai
Councillors Gavin Benney, Shelley Deeming, Greg Innes, Greg Martin
To oversee the chief executive’s performance and to recommend to council the terms and conditions of the chief executive’s employment and annual remuneration.
Key responsibilities include
- Agree with the chief executive the annual performance objectives.
- Conduct the performance review required in the employment agreement between the council and chief executive.
- Undertake the annual remuneration review and recommend to council any decisions regarding remuneration.
- Represent the council in regard to any issues which may arise in respect to the chief executive’s job description, agreement, performance objectives or other similar matters.
- Oversee any recruitment and selection process for a chief executive and make a recommendation on the appointment to council.
(i) All powers necessary to perform the committee’s responsibilities, including:
- (a) establishment of working parties or steering groups.
Terms of Reference
Chief Executive Review Committee: Terms of Reference [102kb]
Whangarei District Council owns this website and the information, images and photographs in it are subject to copyright. No portion may be copied or republished without prior permission of Whangarei District Council.
We have made every reasonable effort to provide accurate and reliable information. The use of any information is at the website visitor’s own risk and discretion.
The website and all information, images and photographs on it are owned by Whangarei District Council and are subject to copyright and other
proprietary rights. Website visitors may reproduce, store and use the content of this website for personal, informational and non-commerical
Except as stated in the paragraph above, no portion of the content of the website, or the council logo, may be copied or republished without
the prior written permission of Whangarei District Council. All rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved to Whangarei District
Enquiries should be addressed to:
Whangarei District Council
Private Bag 9032
Phone: +64 9 4304200
Fax: +64 9 4387632
Externally sourced material is subject to copyright by the respective provider and is linked from within Whangarei District Council's websites
where applicable to those respective providers.
Any links from external websites to pages within Whangarei District Council's websites must clearly state that they are links to Whangarei District