Audit and Risk Committee
This page contains information about the Audit and Risk Committee, its purpose, terms of reference and Councillor membership.
18/01/2017 9:18 a.m.
Councillor Sharon Morgan
Her Worship the Mayor Sheryl Mai
Councillors Crichton Christie, Shelley Deeming, Sue Glen, Cherry Hermon, Greg Innes
To oversee risk management and internal control, audit functions (internal and external), financial and other external corporate reporting, governance framework and compliance with legislation.
Key responsibilities include
- Agree audit scope with Management
- Provide direct input on audit scope to the external auditor
- Consider audit management report, taking appropriate action
- Consider any internal audit needs, including probity, waste and performance
- Hold a confidential meeting with the external auditors at least once every year.
- Ensure a comprehensive risk management framework is in place and being operated
- Identify and monitor risks for the organisation including major projects
- Ensure Council’s assets are insured appropriately.
- Ensure Council has suitable business continuity arrangements in place.
- Policy review program.
- Service delivery review program.
(i) All powers necessary to perform the committee’s responsibilities, including:
- (a) establishment of working parties or steering groups.
Whangarei District Council owns this website and the information, images and photographs in it are subject to copyright. No portion may be copied or republished without prior permission of Whangarei District Council.
We have made every reasonable effort to provide accurate and reliable information. The use of any information is at the website visitor’s own risk and discretion.
The website and all information, images and photographs on it are owned by Whangarei District Council and are subject to copyright and other
proprietary rights. Website visitors may reproduce, store and use the content of this website for personal, informational and non-commerical
Except as stated in the paragraph above, no portion of the content of the website, or the council logo, may be copied or republished without
the prior written permission of Whangarei District Council. All rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved to Whangarei District
Enquiries should be addressed to:
Whangarei District Council
Private Bag 9032
Phone: +64 9 4304200
Fax: +64 9 4387632
Externally sourced material is subject to copyright by the respective provider and is linked from within Whangarei District Council's websites
where applicable to those respective providers.
Any links from external websites to pages within Whangarei District Council's websites must clearly state that they are links to Whangarei District