Airport Noise Management Consultative Committee
This page contains information about the Airport Noise Management Consultative Committee, its purpose, terms of reference and Councillor membership.
18/01/2017 9:15 a.m.
Independently appointed Chair
Her Worship the Mayor Sheryl Mai
Councillor Sue Glen
Airport Authority Representative
Airport / Tenant Representative
3 Community Representatives
To consider, and where appropriate make recommendations to the Whangarei District Council on aircraft noise and concerns that arise from the operation and activities at the Whangarei Airport.
Key responsibilities include
- Identify community concerns regarding aircraft noise.
- Co-operatively formulate and propose methods and procedures to minimise noise impact on the surrounding community.
- Act as an advisory and complaints committee and make recommendations to the airport manager concerning noise complaints.
- Report any noise complaints with the committee’s recommendations to the Whangarei District Council.
- Assist and advise the Whangarei Airport Authority concerning the dissemination of relevant information to the community.
- Review current procedure for handling noise complaints and modify that procedure where necessary.
- Assist the Whangarei District Council in the management of the adopted Noise Management Plan which will address:
- procedures for handling noise issues;
- noise abatement procedures; and
- timely provision of aircraft noise and flight path monitoring information.
Monitor the results of noise level monitoring and compliance with the noise abatement procedures and the Noise Management Plan.
- Access appropriate technical expertise and guidance as required.
Whangarei District Council owns this website and the information, images and photographs in it are subject to copyright. No portion may be copied or republished without prior permission of Whangarei District Council.
We have made every reasonable effort to provide accurate and reliable information. The use of any information is at the website visitor’s own risk and discretion.
The website and all information, images and photographs on it are owned by Whangarei District Council and are subject to copyright and other
proprietary rights. Website visitors may reproduce, store and use the content of this website for personal, informational and non-commerical
Except as stated in the paragraph above, no portion of the content of the website, or the council logo, may be copied or republished without
the prior written permission of Whangarei District Council. All rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved to Whangarei District
Enquiries should be addressed to:
Whangarei District Council
Private Bag 9032
Phone: +64 9 4304200
Fax: +64 9 4387632
Externally sourced material is subject to copyright by the respective provider and is linked from within Whangarei District Council's websites
where applicable to those respective providers.
Any links from external websites to pages within Whangarei District Council's websites must clearly state that they are links to Whangarei District