This page contains information about the number of car parks available at each car park and a parking location map.
18/12/2018 11:34 a.m.
Parking without coins
You can pay for parking in Whangarei by using your smartphone. Follow the link below to view details about how the system works, how you can set up an mPark account and a map of the city centre parking zones.
mPark Whangarei (Opens in a new window)
Car park locations
The map below shows the location of our pay and display car parks. Click on an icon to view details about each one, including the parking fees.
Shopping for Christmas? Plan Ahead
Shopping for Christmas presents in the Central City? Making a last-minute dash to the shops?
With the end of the school term coming up, Christmas just around the corner, and the summer holidays getting into swing, the centre of Whangarei can be a very busy place.
To avoid getting all hot and bothered as you search for a parking spot think ahead, do a bit of research and plan your parking.
There a lots of different car parking options around town, besides the popular car parks like Forum North and Laurie Hall car park that are often full at this time of year.
Here are a few others to consider:
- Canopy Bridge carpark - $2 per day. 2 minute walk to town
- Hatea Drive car parks - $2 per day. 2-5 minute walk into town
- Vinery Lane carpark - 40c per hour. 5 minute walk into town.
- Water Street carpark - $1 per hour. 2 minute walk into town.
- Railway Road carpark - Free. 5-8 minute walk into town
- Reyburn Lane carpark - Free for up to two hours. 5 minute walk to town.
- Bascule carpark (beside Te Matau ā Pohe) - Free. 15 minute walk to town (five minute walk to Okara shops). Note: Bascule Carpark will be closed for renovation during January / February 2019.
Follow the link below to view further information about our car parks.
Please consider changing your browser to either Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari.
Learn more about changing your browser