This page contains information about our Long Term Plan.
11/09/2017 12:23 p.m.
The Local Government Act 2002 (LGA) requires every council to produce a Long Term Plan (LTP) every three years.
The LTP outlines our activities and priorities for the next ten years, providing a long-term focus for decision-making. It also explains how work will be scheduled and funded.
Under the LGA LTPs must be reviewed every three years with full consultation with the public each time. An Annual Plan is developed in the years in between.
The next Long Term Plan
Community involvement in the District's 10-year-plan will be kicking off early for the 2018-28 LTP.
In addition to formal consultation which will take place in 2018, and involves preparing a draft LTP and issuing a Consultation Document to get community input on key issues and decisions, Council will be adding an extra step; early community engagement.
Council is taking this approach because we want to get a better picture of what the community wants before we before we develop the draft plan. It's about gathering ideas, knowledge and information from our community and feeding that into the process early on.
Earlier engagement will give us time to consider projects, costs and options and review existing asset management plans and work programmes to better inform the LTP process.
We expect to begin engaging with the community in early June 2017.
A series of public meetings have been scheduled (with more to come) and all are welcome to attend;
- Monday 12 June – Tutukaka Coast R&R Association, Tutukaka Marina Office - 7pm
- Tuesday 13 June – Ruakaka Parish R&R Association, Ruakaka Recreation Centre -7pm
- Wednesday 14 June – Waipu R&R Association, St Peters Anglican Church -6.30pm
- Thursday 15 June – Mangakahia Sports Ground Society, Mangakahia Sports Complex -6.30pm
- Tuesday 20 June – Onerahi Community Association, Onerahi Community Hall - 7pm
- Wednesday 21 June – Smeatons Drive Roopu, Smeatons Drive Community Hall - 6pm
- Tuesday 27 June – Hikurangi Friendship House Charitable Trust, 6pm, Hikurangi Hall
- Wednesday 28 June – Parua Bay R&R Association, Parua Bay Community Centre - 7.30pm
- Thursday 29 June – Kamo Community Inc, Kamo Club - 6.30pm
- Sunday 2 July – Pataua Area R&R Association, Pataua Education Trust Building - 10.30am
- Monday 3 July – Maungakaramea Sports Club, Tangihua Road - 6pm
- Tuesday 4 July - The Pulse, 59 Raumanga Valley Road (Kahurangi Room) - 6pm
Have Your Say Events
- Toll Stadium, Level 3 Lounge
5:30pm Wednesday, 5 July 2017
- Cafler Suite Forum North
5:30pm Tuesday, 18 July 2017
This is your chance to let us know before we start. We've summarised the information and you can can read it all on our website 'Here to Where Whangarei':
Have a read, see where we are now, and let us know where to from here.
You can also follow our Facebook page
WDC Facebook page
The 2015-2025 Long Term Plan
Our 2015 -2025 Long Term Plan was adopted by Council in June 2015. It covers the period 1 July 2015 to 30 June 2025, and remains current until the new LTP is adopted in June 2018.
Viewing the Long Term Plan
The 2015-2025 LTP can either be downloaded as a single document or viewed in individual sections.
Download a full copy of the 2015-2025 Long Term Plan from the link below.
If you would like to view a printed copy of the complete document, call in to one of our Customer Service Centres or the public library. You can also phone 0800 WDC INFO and ask to have a copy posted to you.
2015-2025 Long Term Plan [3.08mb]
If you would like a copy of any previous plans, please contact us.
Council offices - locations and hours of opening