This is a Help page for users of this website.
8/02/2011 10:00 a.m.
Help with searching this site
The search box for the website is in the red banner at the top of every page in the site.
By default our website search is a keyword search and will search for all instances of the word or words you enter.
If you enter "District Plan", the search function will search for all pages and documents with "District" in their title or description and then all documents with "Plan". The search results will list all pages and documents containing both words.
Information which is contained in our internal databases eg cemeteries, rates, resource consents, can be searched by selecting from the drop down list in the Search box.
Select the database you want to search in and enter a name in the empty box next to Search.
Help with browsers
This site has been tested to work with the most commonly used browsers and is best viewed with a 1024 x 768 screen resolution or greater.
For details about the browsers which are supported by this site, follow the link below.
About this Site
Help with PDF documents
Documents on this site are in Portable Document Format (PDF). In this format you can easily save, view and print the file exactly as it was created, with the same layout, images etc.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view PDFs. This is free and simple to download from from the Adobe website.
If you have problems or want to know the basics of how to use PDFs the Adobe site has plenty of help available.
Download Adobe Reader Opens in a new window.
Adobe Reader Support Centre Opens in a new window.
The Acrobat Reader programme also has a help function. Select Help'' from the menu bar at the top of the screen and then select Reader Guide from the drop down menu.
Forms and instructions can be downloaded using Acrobat Reader, but completed forms cannot be saved unless you have Acrobat Approval or the full Acrobat Standard or Professional Programs. Acrobat Approval is no longer available, but existing versions will work.
If you are having difficulty downloading a PDF, please make sure you have the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you need further help, go to Adobe's customer support.
Contact Adobe Customer Support Opens in a new window.
If the document doesn't open as quickly as expected, you can increase the speed of your download by:
- right-clicking on the document link
- on the pop-up menu select "Save Target As" (Internet Explorer) or "Save Link As" (Netscape)
- select the place on your hard drive to save the file, and the name
- once you click "Save", the file will download to your computer hard drive
- open it by double-clicking on the file name. It is usually quicker to download the file this way, because it is downloading the file immediately instead of waiting for your Acrobat programme to open before downloading the file.
- open your browser and select the "Tools'' menu option at the top of the web browser
- click the "Internet Options" link on this menu
- click on the Security tab at the top
- click on the Custom Level button at the bottom of the window that opened
- scroll to the bottom of the list that appears until it says "Scripting"
- under this area select the option "Enable"
- click the "OK" button to save the changes.
Help with text size
The text size is able to be changed in your Windows based browser to suit your individual needs.
hold down CTRL and press + or - to alter the text size
If you have a mouse wheel simply hold down CTRL and roll the mouse wheel to alter the text size.
Netscape 6, Mozilla:
hold down CTRL and press + or - to alter the text size, or from the menu bar select 'View' >> 'Text zoom'
hold down CTRL and press [ or ] to alter the text size
from the menu bar select 'Options' >> 'General preferences' >> 'Fonts' >> 'Choose font' to choose a text size
select 'View' >> 'Zoom', then choose a text size. This will also enlarge graphics.
Note: Differing browser versions may affect the ability to adjust font sizes.
Help with printing
This site has been developed as a printer friendly website. This means when you click on the Print button at the top of the page, the browser will only print the main content of the page. It will not print the navigation menu, images, photographs or the Resources column.
If you would like to print the page as it appears, use the print screen button on your keyboard.
If you have specific enquiries about this website, please contact us.
Phone: +64 9 430 4200