This page contains information about car parks to consider when coming into town during the holiday season.
5/12/2018 12:00 a.m.
Shopping for Christmas presents in the Central City? Making a last-minute dash to the shops?
With the end of the school term coming up, Christmas just around the corner, and the summer holidays getting into swing, the centre of Whangarei can be a very busy place.
To avoid getting all hot and bothered as you search for a parking spot think ahead, do a bit of research and plan your parking.
There a lots of different car parking options around town, besides the popular car parks like Forum North and Laurie Hall car park that are often full at this time of year.
Here are a few others to consider:
- Canopy Bridge carpark - $2 per day. 2 minute walk to town
- Hatea Drive car parks - $2 per day. 2-5 minute walk into town
- Vinery Lane carpark - 40c per hour. 5 minute walk into town.
- Water Street carpark - $1 per hour. 2 minute walk into town.
- Railway Road carpark - Free. 5-8 minute walk into town
- Reyburn Lane carpark - Free for up to two hours. 5 minute walk to town.
- Bascule carpark * (beside Te Matau ā Pohe) - Free. 15 minute walk to town (five minute walk to Okara shops).
* Note: Bascule Carpark will be closed for renovation during January / February 2019.
Live Parking Availability
View live information on available parking spaces at five of our central city car parks:
- Laurie Hall
- Forum North
- Central City
- Vine Street
- Water Street
Parking without Coins
Don’t carry change for parking? You can pay for parking in Whangarei using your smartphone by setting up an mPark account.