Look After Your Pet
This page contains information about welfare of pets during a Civil Defence emergency.
7/06/2012 2:56 p.m.
How can you help
- have a permanent disc on your pet's collar with your name, phone number and, if possible, address
- always have a carry-box with a blanket or towel ready. Identify the box with your name, address and phone number
- keep an emergency supply of tinned pet food.
Where there is time
- if you are unable to take your animals with you or if you have been ordered to leave your pets behind, you should release penned animals, including chickens
- in cases of flooding, your pets can be placed in the roof space of your home with as much food and water left for them as practicable
- if you have stock, open internal farm gates but do not allow access to roads
- appointed Wardens and SPCA personnel will be on hand to visit your home for you. Tell them where your animals are and how they can be identified.
Remember that your animals may be more self sufficient than you think!
Whangarei District Council owns this website and the information, images and photographs in it are subject to copyright. No portion may be copied or republished without prior permission of Whangarei District Council.
We have made every reasonable effort to provide accurate and reliable information. The use of any information is at the website visitor’s own risk and discretion.
The website and all information, images and photographs on it are owned by Whangarei District Council and are subject to copyright and other
proprietary rights. Website visitors may reproduce, store and use the content of this website for personal, informational and non-commerical
Except as stated in the paragraph above, no portion of the content of the website, or the council logo, may be copied or republished without
the prior written permission of Whangarei District Council. All rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved to Whangarei District
Enquiries should be addressed to:
Whangarei District Council
Private Bag 9032
Phone: +64 9 4304200
Fax: +64 9 4387632
Externally sourced material is subject to copyright by the respective provider and is linked from within Whangarei District Council's websites
where applicable to those respective providers.
Any links from external websites to pages within Whangarei District Council's websites must clearly state that they are links to Whangarei District