Building and Property
Navigate Up
Sign In

Applying for a Liquor Licence

Image for the Applying for a Liquor Licence page.
This page contains information about the range of liquor licences which Council administers and links to the guidance notes and application forms.
Updated: 16/10/2017 9:35 a.m.

Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012

More information about the new Act can be found by visiting the NZ Legislation website. Follow the link below.

Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 (Opens in a new window)

Fees and charges

Sale and Supply of Alcohol (Fees) Regulations 2013 set default licensing fees that vary depending on the “cost/risk rating” of each type of operation. More information about licensing fees can be found by following the link below. (Opens in a new window)

Sale and Supply of Alcohol (Fees) Regulation (Opens in a new window)

Application Forms

Temporary Authority [365kb] 

On Licence - new [679kb]

On Licence - renewal [372kb]

Off Licence - new [738kb]

Off Licence - renewal [287kb]

Club Licence - new [645kb]

Club Licence - renewal [382kb]

Application packs

A Resource Management and Liquor Certificate is needed for On-Licences, Off-Licences and Club Licences. For further information about applying for a Liquor Certificate, follow the link below.

You will also need to complete the application for a Building Code Certificate which certifies that the premises meet the requirements of the New Zealand Building Code. Your application will be processed by our building department.


Whangarei District Council owns this website and the information, images and photographs in it are subject to copyright. No portion may be copied or republished without prior permission of Whangarei District Council. We have made every reasonable effort to provide accurate and reliable information. The use of any information is at the website visitor’s own risk and discretion.